Konstantin was a voracious reader and an engaging interlocutor. This was especially evident in his teaching. He taught and supervised on a variety of topics: Victorian literature, poetry, Modernism and South African literature – thus it’s likely that his legacy will be felt most keenly in this arena, to which he devoted himself inexhaustibly, and with which he made such an impression on those around him.
Nevertheless, there is a small collection of his written work, for the media and other publications that we are thrilled to have compiled below. Though the work below represents merely a small measure of his greater intellectual project, it comes some way to representing his intellectual sensibility, bravery and commitment.
This is not an exhaustive list, and we’d certainly welcome any suggestions or pointers about anything we’ve left out. If you know of anything that’s not here and should be, please email us at email@example.com and let us know.
- “Victory, music and the world of finance.” In: Outposts of Progress: Joseph Conrad, Modernism and Post-colonialism (eds. Gail Fincham, Jeremy Hawthorn, Jakob Lothe). 2015, UCT Press. http://www.africanstudies.uct.ac.za/content/outposts-progress-joseph-conrad-modernism-and-post-colonialism
- “Book industry needs to turn over a new leaf: Franschhoek Literary Festival” The Sunday Independent, 11 July 2013. http://sundayindybooks.blogspot.co.za/2013/07/book-industry-needs-to-turn-over-new.html
- “SA evoked through rural battle: For the Mercy of Water” The Sunday Independent, 28 March 2013. http://sundayindybooks.blogspot.co.za/2013/03/sa-evoked-through-rural-battle-for.html
- “Magical Nightmare Jo’burg (Review article)” Safundi: The Journal of South African and American Studies, 14(1), 2013. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/17533171.2012.760834?journalCode=rsaf20
- “Life Underground: Salman Rushdie’s Joseph Anton” The Sunday Independent, 23 January 2013. http://sundayindybooks.blogspot.co.za/2013/01/life-underground-salman-rushdies-joseph.html
- “Untangling the Life of a Hero: Biko: A Biography” The Sunday Independent, 29 November 2012. http://sundayindybooks.blogspot.co.za/2012/11/untangling-life-of-hero-biko-biography.html
- “A Masterly and Vital Biography: JM Coetzee by JC Kannemeyer” Cape Times, 30 Noveber, 2012.
- “Talking Shop: Open Book Fest report” The Sunday Independent, 5 October 2012. http://sundayindybooks.blogspot.co.za/2012/10/talking-shop-open-book-fest-report.html
Discussion with John Webb, Talk at Nine: “Franschhoek Literary Festival.” Cape Talk. 18 March 2013.